The Honours Mathematics & Physics program is a combined honours program suited to students who wish to develop a profound understanding of the natural world using the rigours of mathematics.
Students in this program will obtain an excellent foundation with which to pursue advanced studies in physics or mathematics or to obtain employment in a vast number of fields.
Completion of any Level 1 program with a Grade Point Average of at least 5.0 including:
- 1 course from MATH 1A03, 1LS3, 1X03, 1ZA3
- 1 course from MATH 1AA3, 1LT3, 1XX3, 1ZB3 with a grade of at least 6.0 (C+)
- 1 course from MATH 1B03, 1ZC3
- 1 course from PHYSICS 1A03, 1C03
- 1 course from PHYSICS 1AA3, 1CC3
- 1 course from the Science 1 Course List
Typical Second-Year Courses
Introduction to Differential Equations
Advanced Calculus 1
Advanced Calculus 2
Applications of Linear Algebra
Electricity and Magnetism 1
Electricity and Magnetism 2