Honours Medical & Biological Physics is the study of medically and biologically relevant problems using the concepts, ideas and techniques of physics.
In this program, students learn about medical imaging and processing, diagnostic and treatment tools, membranes and soft materials and molecular biophysics. Students will also develop computation and laboratory methods.
Completion of any Level 1 program with a Grade Point Average of at least 5.0 including:
- 2 course from MATH 1A03, 1AA3, 1LS3, 1LT3, 1X03, 1XX3
- 1 course from PHYSICS 1A03, 1C03
- 1 course from BIOPHYS 1S03, LIFESCI 1D03, PHYSICS 1AA3, 1CC3
- CHEM 1A03
- 1 course from BIOLOGY 1A03, CHEM 1AA3, MATH 1B03
- 2 courses from the Science 1 Course List
Typical Second-Year Courses
Electricity and Magnetism 1
Introduction to Differential Equations
Advanced Calculus 1
Exploration in Medical and Biology Physics
Human Anatomy and Physiology 1
Nucleic Acid Structure and Function